Application and entire agreement
- These Terms & Conditions apply to the provision of the services for 1) FOCUS Membership 2) Marketing packages 3) Cultural Training; 4) Language Courses; 5) Spousal Assistance; 6) Education advice 7) Advertising by FOCUS INFORMATION SERVICES LIMITED, a company registered in England and Wales, under number 2189837 whose registered office is at 75 Maygrove Road, West Hampstead, London NW6 2EG, United Kingdom to the person buying the services.
- You are deemed to have accepted these Terms & Conditions when you accept our quotation or from the start date of any performance of the Services (whichever happens earlier) and these Terms & Conditions and your quotation are for the entire agreement between us.
- You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by or on our behalf. These Conditions apply to the Contract to the exclusion of any other terms that you try to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing.
- A “Business day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday in England and Wales.
- The headings in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and do not affect their interpretation.
- Words imparting the singular number shall include the plural and vice-versa.
- We warrant that we will use reasonable care and skill in our performance of the Services which will comply with the quotation, including any specification in all material respects. We can make any change to the Services which are necessary to comply with any applicable law of safety requirement, and we will notify you if this is necessary.
- We will use our reasonable endeavours to complete these performances of the Services within the time agreed or as set out in the quotation; however, time shall not be of the essence in the performance of our obligations.
- All of those Terms & Conditions apply to the supply of any goods as well as Services unless we specify otherwise.
- If you do not comply with clause 10, we can terminate the Services.
- We are not liable for any delay or failure to provide the Services if this is caused by your failure to comply with the provisions of this section.
- The fees for the Services are set out in the service description and are on a time and materials basis.
- In addition to the Fees, we can recover from you a) reasonable incidental expenses including, but not limited to, travelling expenses, hotel costs, subsistence and any associated expenses; b) the cost of Services provided by third parties and required by us for the performance of the Services.
- You must pay us for any additional services provided by us that are not specified in the service description in accordance with our then current, applicable hourly rate in effect at the time of performance or such other rate as may be agreed between us. The provisions of clause 14 also apply to these additional services.
- The Fees are excluding any applicable VAT and other taxes or levies which are imposed or charged by any competent authority.
- Occasionally, we may need to increase our prices following our annual budget changes, but we shall adhere/commit to the quotation/service description originally given before our budget increase if the agreement is still accepted at a later date.
Cancellation and amendment
- We can withdraw, cancel or amend a quotation if it has not been accepted by you, or if the Services have not started, within a period of 15 days from the date of the initiation, (unless the initiation has been withdrawn).
- Either we or you can cancel an order for any reason prior to your acceptance (or rejection) of the quotation.
- If you want to amend any details of the Services you must tell us in writing as soon as possible. We will use reasonable endeavours to make any required changes and additional costs will be included in the Fees and invoiced to you.
- If, due to circumstances beyond our control, including those set out in the clause below (Circumstances beyond a party’s control), we have to make any changes in the Services or how they are provided, we will notify you immediately. We will use reasonable endeavours to keep any such changes to a minimum.
- FOCUS implements the following cancellation policy for these service engagement that is cancelled or postponed by you, following acceptance of these terms & conditions:
- Cancellations before 21 days are free of charge
- For cancellations in the period 14 – 21 days before the first set start date for the service: 50% of full engagement fees to be applied
- For cancellations under 14 days of the set start date: 100% of full engagement fees
- We will invoice you for the payment of the Fees either:
- When we have started the Services; or
- On the invoice dates set out in the quotation.
- You must pay the Fees due within 30 days of the date of our invoice or otherwise in accordance with any credit terms agreed between us.
- Time for payment shall be of the essence of the Contract.
- Without limiting any other right or remedy we have for statutory interest, if you do not pay within the period set out above, we will charge you interest at the rate of 10% of the total invoiced until payment is received in full.
- All payments due under these Terms & Conditions must be made in full without any deduction or withholding except as required by law and neither of us can assert any credit, set-off or counterclaim against the other in order to justify withholding payment of any such amount in whole or in part.
- If you do not pay within the period set out above, we can suspend any further provision of the Services and cancel any future services which have been ordered by, or otherwise arranged with you.
- Receipts for payment will be issued by us only at your request.
- All payments must be made in British Pounds unless otherwise agreed in writing between us.
Subcontracting and assignment
- We can always at any time assign, transfer, charge, subcontract or deal in any other manner with all or any rights under these Terms & Conditions and can subcontract or delegate in any manner any of our obligations to any third party.
- You must not, without our prior written consent, assign, transfer, charge, subcontract or deal in any other manner with all or any of your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- We can terminate the provision of the Services immediately if you:
- Commit a material breach of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions; or
- Fail to make payment any amount due under the Contract on the due date for payment; or
- Are or become or, in our reasonable opinion, are about to become, the subject of a bankruptcy order or take advantage of any other statutory provision for the relief of insolvent debtor; or
- Enter into a voluntary arrangement under Part 1 of the Insolvency Act 1986, or any other scheme or arrangement is made with its creditors; or
- Convene any meeting of your creditors, enter into voluntary or compulsory liquidation, have a receiver, manager, administrator or administrative receiver appointed in respect of your assets or undertakings or any part of them, any documents are filed with the court passed or presented to any court for your winding up or for the granting of an administration order in respect of you, or any proceedings are commenced relating to your insolvency or possible insolvency.
- We reserve all copyright and any other intellectual property rights which may subsist in any goods supplied in connection with the provision of the Services. We reserve the right to take any appropriate action to restrain or prevent the infringement of such intellectual property rights.
Liability and indemnity
- Our liability under these Terms and Conditions, and in breach of statutory duty, and in sort or misrepresentation or otherwise, shall be limited as set out in this section.
- The total amount of our liability is limited to the total amount of Fees payable by you under the Contract.
- We are not liable (whether caused by our employees, agents or otherwise) in connection with our provision of the Services or the performance of any of our other obligations under Terms and Conditions or the quotation for:
- Any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs, or expenses or;
- Any loss of profits; loss of anticipated profits; loss of business; loss of Data; loss of reputation or goodwill; business interruption; or other third party claims; or
- Any failure to perform any of our obligations if such delay or failure is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control; or
- Any losses caused directly or indirectly by any failure or breach in relation to your obligations; or
- Any losses arising directly or indirectly from the choice of Services and how they will meet your requirements or your use of the Services or any goods supplied in connection with the Services.
- You must indemnify us against all damages, costs, claims and expenses suffered by us arising from any loss or damage to any equipment (including that belonging to third parties) caused by you or your agents or employees.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other matters for which it would be unlawful to exclude or limit liability.
- When supplying in the Services to the Customer, the Service Provider may gain access to and or acquire the liability to transfer, store or process personal data of employees of the Customer.
- The parties agree that where such processing of personal data takes place, the Customer shall be the “data controller” and the Service Provider shall be the “data processor” as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as may be amended, extended and or reenacted from time to time.
- For the avoidance of doubt, “Personal Data”, “Processing”, “Data Controller”, “Data Processor” and “Data subject” shall have the same meaning as in the GDPR.
- The Service Provider shall only Process Personal Data to the extent reasonably required to enable it to supply the Services as mentioned in these Terms and Conditions or as requested by and agreed with the Customer, shall not retain any Personal Data longer than necessary for the Processing and refrain from Processing any Personal Data for its own or for any third party’s purposes.
- The Service Provider shall not disclose Personal Data to any third parties other than its employees, directors, agents, sub-contractors or advisors on a strict “need-to-know” basis and only under the same (or more extensive) conditions as set out in these Terms and Conditions or to the extent required by applicable legislation and/or regulations.
- The Service Provider shall implement and maintain technical and organisational security measures as are required to protect Personal Data Processed by the Service Provider on behalf of the Customer.
- Further information about the Service Provider’s approach to data protection are specified in its Data Protection Policy, which can be found: https://www.focus-info.org/ . For any enquiries or complaints regarding data privacy, you can email: email@example.com
Circumstances beyond a party’s control
- Neither of us is liable for any failure or delay in performing our obligations where such failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond the reasonable control of that party. Such clauses include, but are not limited to: industrial action, civil unrest, fire, flood, storms, earthquakes, act of terrosim, acts of war; governmental action or any other event that is beyond the control of the party in question. If the delay continues for a period of 90 days, either of us may terminate or cancel the Services to be carried out under these Terms and Conditions.
- All notices under these Terms and Conditions must be in writing and signed by, or on behalf of, the party giving notice (or a duty authorised officer of that party).
- Notices shall be deemed to have been duty given:
- When delivered, if delivered by courier or other messenger (including registered mail) during the normal business hours of the recipient;
- When sent, if transmitted by fax or email and a successful transmission report or return receipt is generated;
- On the fifth business day following mailing, if mailed by national ordinary mail,; or
- On the tenth business day following mailing, if mailed by airmail.
- All notices under these Terms and Conditions must be addressed to the most recent address, email address or fax notified to the other party.
- No delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy nor stop further exercise of any other right, or remedy.
- If one or more of these Terms and conditions is found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that / those provisions will be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions (which will remain valid and enforceable).
Law and jurisdiction
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.