Call us: 020 7937 7799

Member login

Visas & immigration

Citizens of the member countries of the European Economic Area (EEA) and Swiss nationals have free access to enter the UK to work and study. However, if you are a national of a country that has recently joined the EEA, you may need to register or apply for permission before you begin work . Other nationalities need a visa to remain in the UK for work or studies.

British Citizenship

People living and working in the UK for five continuous years (two, if spouse or partner of a British citizen) may be eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain (or Permanent Residence). You need to contact the UK Border Agency to understand your rights and apply for this visa.

After 12 months of holding an Indefinite Leave to Remain or Permanent Residence visa you may qualify for British citizenship. Children born in the UK with one parent who is a British citizen or a foreigner settled in the UK may be automatically British from birth. If a child is born to a parent who becomes settled after the birth, the child may qualify to apply as a British citizen.

Brexit: Status of EU citizens in the UK: what you need to know.

Please find needed information below.

National insurance
Visas & work permits