Call us: 020 7937 7799

Member login


You must have motor insurance to drive your vehicle on UK roads.

There are three types of automobile insurance available in the UK:
Third party: the British law requires this cover for all vehicles entering the UK. In addition to the legal minimum, it covers injury to other people caused by you or your passengers.
Third party, fire and theft (TPF&F): includes third party cover and loss or damage caused to your car by fire and theft or attempted theft.
Comprehensive: covers all the risks listed above plus damage to your own car, theft of contents (with a limit), medical expenses (with a limit) and usually legal assistance, natural hazards damage and other coverage depending on the insurance policy.

If you travel outside the UK make sure you have appropriate coverage. Some countries will require a ‘Green Card’ (International Motor Insurance). It's an internationally recognised document that acts as proof of insurance in Europe.

The resources in this section are available only to FOCUS members. Members must login to gain full access to the UK Information listings. Not a member? Signup to gain full access.